We started this year out with a flurry of updates to the platform, all of which are focused on simplicity.
The All-New Financial Section
This quarter, we completed an overhaul on the financial section to make it easier to use, and more powerful for reporting to shareholders. This includes:
- All-New Data Display: Beyond making the financial section more attractive, we also have made the data display more useful. Users now can hover over each graph to get more details, plus they can compare specific line items and categories.
- Integration of Projections: Users can now enter projections next to actuals, then visualize the comparisons in the new data display for easy shareholder presentations.
- Click-to-Edit: Users can now simply click on cells to edit, and drag into/out of categories. The idea being, if we're replacing Google Sheets, let's be easier than Google Sheets 😎.
The All-New Accounting API
In the spirit of simplicity, we launched our Accounting API so users can effortlessly keep their financials up to date. The feature includes:
- Click-to-Connect: Users can sync to their accounting software in just a few clicks.
- Multiple Software Options: The Accounting API currently supports Exact, Quickbooks, and Xero. More to come!
Cap Table Improvements
Even the cap table feature can be improved and made simpler. This quarter we simplified our cap table feature with:
- Easy Calculations: When entering your share data, WE.VESTR will do the math for you. That includes share amount, investment amount, and share price.
- Helpful Tool Tips: The Cap Table now includes tool tips so you can refresh on common terminology and formulas.
Slicing Pie Dashboard
Bootstrapped or pre-investment companies using Slicing Pie can now review the highlights of their contributions on the WE.VESTR dashboard, including:
- An overview of the total cash contributions to the Slicing Pie, the theoretical and net value of the pie, and the total contributions the specific user has made.
- A pre-cap table overview of who is a part of the company's Slicing Pie.
Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for next quarter’s release!